Predicting the popularity of videos on sites is very important for formulating online advertising and commercial marketing strategies.
Iz Googleand it has been officially confirmed that it is site speed one of the factors that affect the positioning of the site in the search. This is especially important for sites on mobile devices. According to data from Google-a average site loading speed on mobile devices it is 15 seconds while users they leave the site after the third second.
As much as the site is well designed and contains content which satisfies the needs of users, is original and informative, all this falls into the water if a large percentage of users do not wait for the site to load and see its content.
How does site speed affect positioning?
In addition to affecting overall user experience, which is officially one of Google's ranking factors, leading to more site visits (reduces the bounce rate), site speed allow and better crawling by Google bots, and faster loading sites also have higher conversion rate, thus bringing higher revenues.
What factors affect?
There are many factors that affect the speed of site loading. Loading large files, non-optimized content (media) on the site, a server that is not good enough (fast) are factors that affect the site not to be fast enough.
Here are the main factors to follow Google-u should pay attention when it improves site speed.
- Limit and reduce the number of redirects because they slow down the site, because with each loading of a new page, a new protocol of client requests and responses from the server side is expected, which leads to a site slowdown.
- Take advantage caching on search engines. Search engines retain (cache) a lot of information when loading the site. Cache helps to prevent all these resources from being reloaded when the user comes to the site again, which significantly increases the loading speed.
- The images on the site often carry a lot of weight with them, so optimizing them is of great importance. The recommended photo compression tool is tinypng. Com.
- Use a CDN. CDN is a network of servers located in different geographical locations, which allows a shorter period of response to requests, and thus faster loading of the site. GoogleThe CDN is located at the following address.
- Optimize time to first byte. A parameter that measures how long it takes for a browser to receive the first byte of information from the web north. A parameter that is considered important in the general ranking of sites.
- The following address contains how to prevent a site from being blocked due to blocking by Java Script until it is loaded: PageSpeed Insights API
Google Page Speed Insights is free Google-this tool that assesses the speed of the site and provides useful information on what we need to fix to improve the speed of the site. Where you will get better information on how to improve the site, if not from yourself Google-and which determined the factors and requirements that affect the speed.
Next to this Google-this tool for measuring the speed of the site, is an excellent and very useful tool GTmetrix. As well as Google Page Speed Insights and this tool provides excellent analysis and suggestions on what to improve on the site.
Other useful tools are Lighthouse, Too Googleproduct, then site WebPageTest.org.
Lighthouse is easiest to use via the extension for Chrome which is very easy to install. Light house provides us with a wealth of information and advice on what needs to be done to improve website performance. So, Lighthouse it helps us analyze each page individually. WebPageTest allows us to check the response time of the server we are using. With this site we can check how this factor affects the performance of the site. (From the offered locations, we choose the one that geographically best suits our request).
A key factor on mobile devices
When it comes to site loading speed Google has emphasized the speed of the site on mobile devices. This can also be seen in the notifications that appear in Search Console-and that it's a site mobile first index. This means that Google primarily takes the mobile version of the website when indexing and ranking. As of January 2019, all new sites are subject to this procedure, while old sites are switched to mobile first Kada Google assess that they have met the criteria.
This means that everyone must customize their sites to load on mobile devices as quickly as possible. For that reason Google has launched an initiative-project that is open source (code that is available to everyone to use, update, improve…) under the name Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). Websites that use AMP to search on mobile devices are specially marked with a lightning icon (symbol).
If we know that speed is one of the most important factors for ranking on Google-u, and we add rumors that AMP is one of the factors that is calculated at mobile first index na Google-u, then we definitely have to take this technology as an essential item. In 2018, the official one was published WordPress a plugin that supports AMP. Since it is AMP Google-this initiative certainly needs to be given the necessary attention, as it is to be expected that it will Google strive to put his idea into action to the end. As search is increasingly moving to mobile devices, the application of technologies that speed up site loading on these devices is certainly crucial for SEO.
Digitizer provides fast and efficient solutions in designing your internet appearance. Contact us!
Made by Nebojsa Radovanovic - SEO Expert @Digitizer