Every social network has something of its own that makes it different from others. On Instagram, that…
What is a brand? That is a question to which there are a thousand answers. The reason for this is that the term brand is created in the psychology of consumers, and not in an objective, tangible world.
A brand can be anything. The brand is not logo, corporate identity, advertising or marketing. It is trust, belonging, passion, security, a set of unique values.
Brand - basic elements
- Brand identity - it is a visual and verbal manifestation of the corporate, production, service brand of an environment and the individual as a brand
- Brand value - represents all the efforts that the organization has invested in building the brand
- Brand recognition - accumulated positive feelings about the brand in the minds of consumers
- Brand awareness - a way of forming information about the existence of a brand
From this we see that a brand is a name, an image, a concept, a way of expression, a brand is the overall communication that is created with a product.
Stand out from the competition
A brand raises expectations among customers when they decide to buy or use a particular product or service. So brand means promise. The promise of quality, speed or price of a service or product. This means that the brand associates with the feelings it wants to start, revive and eventually keep, because that is how it becomes recognizable, that is, authentic. And to be authentic means to be first. The goal of every brand is to stand out from the competition, and to say, show and prove why it is special, that is. authentic.
Today, the most important function of marketing is building a brand, many marketing experts would say the only one. Sam logo design, without good marketing, the quality of goods and services cannot create a brand. A brand is created by building strong connections and relationships with potential customers, and perhaps most importantly with the application of new ideas. Thus, the relationship between brand and consumer is more characterized as a partnership, and less as a classic law of supply and demand.
A brand is built over the years, and over time it has become the greatest value a product or service can possess. The value of the brand can exceed, if it is successful, the real value of the infrastructure of the facilities, its equipment with machines and technology (computers, vehicles, robots, software…), the costs related to the payment of salaries to employees. We get the true value of a brand when we add to its real (material) value the values that give it all those emotions, associations, experiences and information that make someone willing to set aside a certain amount of money to get into its possession. A brand is an image we have of a product, service or individual.
Laws of the brand
The branding process does not take place on the market, but primarily in the minds of customers or consumers. In order to bring you closer to the application of the brand in modern business, we will introduce you to the basic laws of the brand:
- Brand expansion - The strength of a brand is inversely proportional to its scope. Trying to name (brand) everything that a company or individual does, has the effect of losing the brand.
- Brand focus - Strength is obtained by narrowing the focus. Today, many leading brands sell a large assortment of goods, but only a narrow focus at the beginning enabled them to become what they are.
- Brand publicity - Publicity is achieved through good PR, not advertising. Only by the power of publicity, and the confirmation of authority in that area, will the new name (brand) remain remembered in the minds of customers.
- Brand Advertising - Once established, it is maintained by advertising. In order to preserve the place in the oversaturated consciousness of customers, the only solution is advertising.
- Association - The brand must evoke an association in the minds of consumers. Brand feeling is something that can only be related to the words: quality, luxury, speed, comfort…
- Brand credibility - The success of a brand is the result of its authenticity. ABOUToriginality usually means that you are among the first to take that position on the market. Being first also means being authentic.
- Product quality - Quality is important, but not the only factor. What is decisive in the success of a brand is not its objectively measured quality, but primarily the perception of consumers about its quality.
- Determining a brand name - In principle, a brand is nothing but a NAME. The name should be short, simple, unique, sonorous and easy to pronounce.
- Brand Expansion - Brand awareness should be gradually and carefully planned with an adequate strategy.
- Importance of logos in brand formation - The most important function of the logo is to clearly convey the name of your brand.
- The importance of color in brand formation - The brand should use a color opposite to the color of the competition. One of the ways to distinguish a brand on the market in relation to others is by using characteristic colors.
- Brand Internationalization - There are no global brand boundaries. Two simple principles of success are: to be first in something and to fit the product into the existing perception of the brand
- Brand Consistency - Not built overnight. The law of permanence says that the built position in the consciousness of consumers should be maintained at all costs.
Digitizer will present your brand to the right audience in the right way. Send us an inquiry.
Made by Vladimir Bojic - Senior Graphic Designer @Digitizer